Access Support Worker
Rachael Young is looking for a flexible part-time Access Support Worker (10 hours a week), to assist with their needs as a neurodivergent artist.
Rachael Young is an award-winning artist and writer. Their socially engaged interdisciplinary performance practice exists on the boundaries between live art, dance, contemporary theatre and digital work. Their work creates spaces for intersectional realities to be explored and celebrated and for alternative narratives and forms to evolve and be heard.
TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
● Organising schedules
● Proofreading text/documents/emails etc.
● Arranging access needs for events, meetings and projects
● Making sure collaborators etc. have and understand access rider
● Weekly check-ins about workloads and managing them
● Body doubling (being present whilst you do independent work to help
● Reading aloud to assist auditory processing
● Excellent organisation and communication skills (verbal and written)
● Attention to detail
● Focussed and proactive
● Good problem solver
● Friendly, flexible and reliable
● Ideally with experience working with neurodiversity
● An interest in performance and creative industry is desirable but not essential
Applications from the following interested candidates are particularly encouraged:
● Black and/or Global Majority identifying
● Female, femme, trans or non-binary identifying
● Queer identifying
FURTHER JOB DETAILS:
10 hours a week @ £25/hour this role is ongoing with an initial 3 month probationary period.
Work days are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday – spread of hours to be flexible. The role is based in East London.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday June 24th – 10am.
In your cover letter please:
1. Tell us a bit about yourself
2. Outline how you think your qualities and experience would suit this job role?
Applications in other formats are welcomed. Any audio or video submissions should be no more than 5 minutes long.